Ahmed Ossama Ibrahim, Marwan Hashem, Mostafa Ahmed, Omar Ahmed Salah
Supervised by: Dr. Alaa Hamdy, Eng. Verina Saber
March 7, 2022
This research aims to develop an intelligent system that can detect and classify various liver diseases using image analysis and machine learning methods. This study will employ Ultrasound (US) imaging, which has been identified as one of the most common and affordable methods of medical imaging in Egypt  to identify liver diseases in a non-invasive manner. However, due to its low price, the images may be of poor quality or lacking in detail. As a result, a feature-based technique will be used to correctly categorise the US photographs, and after completing significant research, most efficient classifier (such as KNN, ANN, or SVM) will be selected to utilise in the classification phase.
The purpose of the Software Design Document is to offer a detailed explanation of a system’s design so that software development may proceed with confidence, knowing exactly what will be built and how it will be built. The document contains the information needed to describe the details of the software and system that will be produced. The intended audiences are the government- authorized medical institutions such as hospitals, radiology centers, health clinics.
This Software Design Document is for a base-level system that will serve as a proof of concept for developing a system that provides a good degree of functionality in order to demonstrate viability for large-scale production use. The focus of this Software Design is on the system’s fundamentals and important components. This document concerns all medical institutions interested in devel- oping software to classify liver diseases, as well as the millions of individuals who suffer from chronic liver disease.
The Software Design Document is divided into 7 sections with various subsections.
The sections of the Software Design Document are:
• System Overview: This section illustrates the proposed system’s scopes, objectives and its development timeline.
• Design Viewpoints: This section illustrates the different viewpoints of the system such as Composition, Logical (Class Diagram), Interaction, etc.
• Data Design: This section describes the used dataset’s properties and the database design for the proposed system’s assets.
• Human Interface Design: This section illustrates the GUI of the proposed system as a web application, showing the multiple features for different users.
• Requirements Matrix: This section demonstrates the functional requirements of the proposed system, their descriptions and development phase.
1.4 Intended audience
The main audience of this document include the developers of the proposed system as well as the testers, physicians and radiologists specializing in abdomen diseases, and finally, patients who suffer from chronic liver diseases.