Alaa Atef Fadel
Raheem Ismail Barkat
Youssef Mohamed Kamal
Dr. Osama Talaat
Eng. Nour Elhuda Ashraf
On 31 December 2019, COVID-19 started in china and then spread all over the world, in which
lockdown to all businesses was obligatory which included educational facilities. That lead to blocking the
teaching/learning process from continuing. To prevent businesses from shutting down, we had to adapt
to the current situation by using modern technology to try and simulate work/learning environments from
home so we used online learning to try to accomplish that. That included online exams which sparked
a new big problem with the amount of students that took advantage from that current situation and the
lack of proctors to cheat their exams and pass their subjects. BirdEye is an application that focuses on
preventing students from cheating online exams with no need of proctors during the exam which will
suit the current lockdown situation. This process was accomplished by using the latest deep learning
Our system aims to prevent cheating during exams, this will be achieved by developing a user
friendly desktop application that will have some models that prevent cheating ,the system will
use model that works using deep learning approach with different architectures and preprocessing
which will help the system to have high accuracy to detect cheaters ,our second objective to
have system that work faster than previous systems by solving network problems and user interface
problems, our third objective to have a good server that can handle many student to take the exam.
By the end of the project the system goals:
• Environment analysis
• Eye tracking model to detect how long the student is looking in different areas away from camera
• Students can’t access their courses using a different browser.
• The system shall recognize the students faces and voice to confirm their identity.
• The system shall block any input or output device that is connected to the student’s PC to prevent them from connecting to external monitors or devices that can be used in cheating.
• The system shall recognize if there’s any mobile phone nearby that can be used for cheat-ng.
• The system shall prevent the student from switching tabs as they can be doing so to cheat.
• The system shall report to an admin if there is a student cheating to review the case and finalize if the student is really cheating or not.
The system scans the face to identify the identity of the student and whether it is the assigned
student for the exam. It recognizes the students’ voice and detects whether there is any external
and abnormal sounds that might aid the student in cheating.It scans the student’s face and body
gestures and detects any suspicious gestures.It can also detect whether the student is using a mobile
device to cheat or not. Additionally, it can control the student’s computing device to prevent the
students from using basic functions that might help them to cheat (ex: copying, pasting,switching
windows, using an external browser to cheat the exam, etc. . . ).If any cheating activity is detected,
a recording of the cheating incident is stored. A petition option will be available for the cheating
students and if a student petitions the incident, the recording will be sent to an admin to review it
and confirm the officially of the incident
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis