The main idea of this project is to study the recognition of monuments, as tourists can recognize the monuments by scanning them. The data of the monument will be displayed to the tourist. This initiative aims to make it easier for travelers to understand the backstories of tourist attractions. Many historical sites are devoid of information regarding the monument’s rich past and the fights that led to its creation and preservation to the present day. This project proposes an approach to recognizing monuments using Advanced deep learning techniques. For the implementation, a deep learning technique will be implemented which is outpainting. Moreover, because of the diversity of animals remaining present in the museums, it is hard to recognize the kind of animal in the Egyptian museum through its bodies; an Augmented Reality layer will be implemented and added to display information about the recognized monuments and to visualize these animals.
The goal is to create a user-friendly mobile application that will allow tourists to visit historical sites without having to hire a tour guide. The app will be able to recognize different statues and animals with different features and will act as a virtual tour guide, with an augmented reality layer that will add an explanation about the recognized statues and visualize the recognized animals remaining. It will also have the ability to outpaint occluded areas. For the data display, the tales behind each monument will be presented to tourists in two formats: text and speech.
The System will Contain:
• Dataset for the monuments in the Egyptian museum. As there is no dataset published for the Egyptian museum monuments, the dataset needed to be collected by capturing the status and animals out there. Then the dataset was augmented to enhance the dataset size and add variety to the images.
• Feature extraction: Extracting the most important and distinctive features of the monuments for recognition.
• Three approaches will be tested which are machine learning, traditional deep learning, and advanced deep learning. The technique with the best performance will be implemented and worked with.
• Adding the out-painting features for partially covered monuments.
• Text to speech: For each monument, there is a history behind it. To display these stories to the user, the text-to-speech feature will be implemented. The user will have the option either to read the data behind the monument or listen to it.
• Augmented Reality layer that will be implemented and added to the recognized monument and animals remaining.
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis