Dr. Taraggy Mohiy
Eng. Nada Ayman Shorim
Samira Refaat Kamal
Hieroglyphs are symbol-based scripts, and each symbol can have various definitions. Therefore, understanding Hieroglyphs and having an accessible tool that accurately translates them to a commonly used language, such as English or Arabic, is quite the challenge. Hence, the idea of Scriba was brought about. Scriba is a mobile application that aims to resolve the issue of acknowledging the Hieroglyphs by providing an accessible gadget that scans and segments pictures of Hieroglyphic text using deep learning then translating it to a comprehensible language using a pre-made API.
1. Be an easy-to-use mobile application
2. Scan and correctly segment the Hieroglyphic text on Ancient Egyptian monuments while optimizing internet usage.
3. Translate the segmented picture to Arabic or English in a relevant context.
4. Provide a feature that allows the user to read more about the story of the Hieroglyphic text after it has been processed.
5. Offer a text-to-speech feature that pronounces the Hieroglyphic text.
6. Utilize transfer learning to test its effectiveness in providing accurate results and efficient performance
1. The hieroglyphs will only be translated to English and Arabic language.
2. Lightweight Convolutional Neural Network architecture will be used in order to make the software more compatible with mobile devices.
3. Being able to recognize not only the hieroglyph, but also the context, since a single hieroglyph can have extended meanings.
4. Users will be able to use a text-to-speech feature if they want to know what the hieroglyphs sound like.
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis
Hieroglyphs Language Translator using deep learning techniques (Scriba)
Innovation Catalyst 2022