Assoc. Prof. Ayman Taha, Eng. Mennat Allah Hassan, Eng. Heba Osama
25th. of Jan. 2022
Static analysis is a debugging approach that checks source code automatically before a program is performed, however Static Code Analysis is a debugging method that includes studying source code before running software. A collection of code is compared against a set of coding rules to achieve this. Static analysis can help development teams who are under pressure. It was necessary to offer high-quality releases on schedule. Requirements for coding and compliance must be satisfied. These tools are mostly used by programmers to aid in the understanding of code structure. It’s frequently used before, and occasionally during, component and integration testing by developers. Because it produces a symbol table, points out erroneous usage, and tests for non-compliance with coding language rules or grammar, a compiler may also be called a static analysis tool.
The main purpose of this document is to illustrate and outline the requirements for our graduation project (Yotta Tool).This document shows the added vulnerabilities and holes that “Yotta Tool” detect , also illustrate our system’s new User Interface with will be very user friendly and easy to deal with .The application will contain dataset from software developer code or stakeholder Web application.
YOTTA static analysis tool aimed to help software developers free of bugs and holes. Help them in testing before releases . Also stakeholders that have Web application to be insecure from any vulnerabilities and holes. They will get a report about their holes and bugs as a PDF by mail.
The remaining chapters and their contents are listed below
- Section 2 is where our system overview is explained along with the objectives of “Yotta” tool and our Timeline.
- Section 3 contains Use Case Realizations, Architectural design and Class Diagram.
- Section 4 concerns the Data Structure design.
- Section 5 discusses the User Interface Design , and how it can be created with maximum user efficiency and ease of use.
- Section 6 provide a cross reference that traces components and data structures to the requirements in our SRS document.
- Section 7 covers the help system and github screenshots.
1.4 Intended audience
The intended audience for this document is software engineers and developers who want to test their project’s security and make sure that their web APP is empty of any vulnerability or security holes and is ready for the market . And Anyone interested in static analysis tools, security, or testing.