Bilal Tamer Mostafa Ghareeb
Mohamed Ayman Doqmak
Shihab Mostafa Mohamed Kandil
Farah Sherif Kamal Sayed
Dr. Walaa Hassan
Eng. Verina Adel
“ERROR SECTION” aims to create a CRPG Virtual Reality Game which will take advantage of the hand-tracking technology provided by the Oculus Quest 2 headset. In the beginning, the player will have to choose between two different classes, each with its own stats and weapon. After choosing the class, the player starts in one of the two dimensions. The first dimension is the ERROR SECTION Area a sci-fi like space station environment that was abandoned by an unknown disaster and the second being the same station but before the disaster. The plot will advance based on exploration and puzzle solving, which in turn will gradually expose the mystery of the events to the player. The class the player chooses at the beginning of the game and the battles he engages in along the way will both affect how the gameplay goes forward, since winning the battles will earn him experience points that he may use to upgrade his attributes or gear.
• The Player must be able to :
– interact with the game UI using hand tracking technology
– pick a character class
– explore the environment
– travel between dimensions
– use the hand tracking to preform actions in combat
– use the hand tracking to interact with items and solve puzzles to collect clues to reach
the final area
• The Enemies Shall :
– utilise reinforcement learning to beat the player
• The Health stat of the player shall determine how many Hit Points (HP) does the player have
• The Strength stat of the player shall control the players ability to carry heavy weapons and
determine how strong the player’s attacks is against an enemy using heavy weapons
• The Tech stat of the player shall control the players ability to carry fire weapons and deter-
mine how strong the player’s attacks is against an enemy using fire weapons
• The charisma stat of the player shall determine how the non-player characters react to the
• An RPG experience based entirely on Hand Tracking technology
• Smooth and coherent storytelling compatible with the gameplay , level design and puzzles
• Technical performance commensurate with the limited hardware capabilities of the Oculus
The game will cover the use of VR Technology and Hand Tracking which has not been used a lot in video games specifically in a single player narrative driven role-playing scoop that will allow the player a lot of different and varied options, whether in exploration or in combat. And it will cover the use of Reinforcement Learning algorithms.We will try to deploy The game on Meta Quest store with English as the primary language.
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis
type here detailss about your participation in the competition.