Dr. Ayman Taha
Eng. Youssef Talaat
Cloud usage has become increasingly focused on security considerations. However, there remains a lack of techniques for users to confirm that the security level advertised by the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) is delivered. Cloud security assessment and brokerage (CAB) is a third-party tool that helps users choose the best CSP that fits their security requirements. This project aims to develop a self-evaluation questionnaire framework that clarifies the security information about cloud security providers and recommends the top CSP for users. The proposed method is Multi-Criteria Decision-Making (MCDM), which compares and standardizes the security features provided by a CSP based on its Security Service Level Agreement (SecLA). Users need to ensure Confidentiality, Availability, and Integrity (CIA) of their data. This questionnaire framework will enable users to choose a CSP that delivers the desired level of security, thereby reducing the risk of data breaches and cyber attacks.
- Develop a self-evaluation questionnaire framework for cloud security providers that allows users to clarify the security information about cloud security providers.
- Utilize Multi-Criteria Decision-Making (MCDM) to compare and standardize the security features provided by a CSP based on its Security Service Level Agreement (SecLA).
- Develop a scoring algorithm that ranks cloud service providers based on their security capabilities and presents the user with a list of recommended providers.
- Improve transparency in the cloud service provider market by providing users with an easy-to-use tool that helps them assess and compare the security features of different cloud service providers.
- Ensure that the developed tool is user-friendly and accessible to all users, regardless of their technical knowledge or expertise.
- Focus on confidentiality, availability, and integrity (CIA) to ensure that users can make informed decisions about which cloud service provider to use based on their specific security requirements.
The system scope of this project is focused on cloud security assessment and brokerage, with the goal of improving the overall security posture of the cloud environment. To achieve this, the project involves assessing the security features of different cloud service providers (CSPs) using the Consensus Assessment Initiative Questionnaire (CAIQ), and selecting the most suitable CSP based on the defined criteria. Additionally, the project may involve implementing additional security measures, such as encryption and access controls, to further enhance the security of the cloud environment
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis
type here detailss about your participation in the competition.