Dr. Marwa Solayman
Eng. Mahmoud Elsahhar
Many educational institutes have recently converted to online systems as it reduces alot of the tutoring costs but none of them gave the end users an experience like they were actually on campus. The main issues are that students often tend to lose focus due to the surrounding environment which is not necessarily prepared for education and they miss out on all the social interactions. Our system aims to utilize the Unity game engine to give the students and professors an immersive experience in which they could meet up and chat via VoIP (Voice Over IP) and an added feature of character customization as well as attend lectures using VR headsets in virtual lecture halls modeled to mirror our real lecture halls which reduces the costs of hosting the students on campus.
• We will create a virtual tour for the university by 3d modeling and creating all of the buildings and the campus as a whole. This will help new students to get familiar with our university.
• We will build and construct 3d models for the whole campus to give the user a real experience in both education and in touring and exploring the university
• We will create an online interaction system between users that will allow users to interact with each other’s using real-time voice chat
• We will make video conferencing system which will make the students and the professors communicate easily through our integrated video conferencing system.
• We will create an avatar customization system this will help students customize their own characters.
• We will write the SRS document to meet with IEEE 830-1998 standard
The virtual tour and educational system software aims to facilitate communication, interaction and learning process this shall be achieved by: • The Software will be integrated on “Oculus Meta Quest 2” virtual reality glasses to give the best real experience of our university.
• All the exterior of the buildings will be 3d modeled, but the interior won’t be completely modeled there will only be one lecture hall and a corridor per building floor.
• Users could communicate using real time voice chat when they are at a specific distance from each other to simulate the real experience of social interaction.
• Users can attend lectures using real time video conferencing.
• Users can customize their own avatars to achieve realism as much as possible
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis
type here detailss about your participation in the competition.