Amir Abu Gabal
Dr. Mostafa Elgendy
Eng. Mennatullah Sayed
Nowadays palm trees diseases responsible for massive economic losses worldwide and
they are extremely challenging to detect in the early stages either because these diseases are
hidden inside the texture of the palm or because it appears on its leaves. In this paper we’re
interested in detecting two of the most common diseases threatening palms nowadays, Leaf Spots and Red
Palm Weevil. Detection of RPW and Leaf Spots a number of detection approaches have been used; however,
none of them have been shown to be reliable.
For the detection of RPW the damage to the palm cannot only be seen with the naked eye or a standard
camera since the damage occurred inside the roots of the palms. As a result, we are willing
to use the Thermal camera as a paradigm shifting device for the early identification of RPW
and the detection of Leaf Spots. Our camera shows the damaged parts inside the palm using
Computer Vision (CV) and Arterial Intelligence (AI) techniques. In comparison with existing, commonly-used
technologies, this paper technique represents a cost-effective way.
• Detecting Red Palm Weevil and Leaf Spots using deep learning techniques such as CNN(RESNET50
• Collecting manually the medium-scale dataset.
• Develop a mobile application integrated with the thermal camera as external hardware; So
it can detect the red palm weevil pest in its early stages.
• The application will give the user the privilege for uploading pictures of the diseased parts
and analyze them.
• Providing farmers with rapid, thorough, and report of palm tree diagnosis.
• Featuring a user friendly interface , So farmers have no difficulty using it.
• Offering a treatment way if the infection is detected.
The purpose of the application is to detect the presence of Red Palm Weevil and Leaf Spots in
palm trees using thermal imaging technology and provide timely alerts to farmers or concerned
authorities. The application would be primarily used by farmers, agricultural experts, and authorities
responsible for pest control in agricultural areas.
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis
Dell : Envision The Future
We participated in it and made it to the first phase with 283 teams. Now, We’ve reached the final phase competing with 26 other teams in the entire region .