MANY PEOPLE ASSUME THAT VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE CAN NOT LIVE ALONE OR WORK INDEPENDENTLY. VISION IMPAIRMENT FORCES PEOPLE TO DEPEND ON OTHERS AND REQUIRE CONSTANT ASSISTANCE. THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS PROJECT IS TO OFFER MORE INDEPENDENCE TO VISUALLY IMPAIRED PEOPLE THROUGH DEVELOPING NEW FEATURES OR IMPROVE EXISTING ONES AND INTEGRATE IT INTO A COMPACT AND ACCESSIBLE MOBILE APPLICATION. IN THIS CONTEXT, THE PROJECT WILL FOCUS ON FOUR MAIN USE CASES/FEATURES: PHOTO-TO-SPEECH FEATURE THAT ALLOWS THE USER TO “READ” TEXT FROM IMAGES OF PRINTED DOCUMENTS, CURRENCY DETECTION FEATURE THAT IDENTIFIES THE AMOUNT THE USER CARRIES, FOOD DETECTION FEATURE THAT IDENTIFIES THE TYPE OF FOOD SERVED ON A PLATE AND COLOR AND TEXTURE RECOGNITION FEATURE THAT IDENTIFIES COLORS AND TEXTURES AND OFFERS A RECOMMENDATION OF COLORS THAT COULD MATCH. ALL THIS IS DONE USING TEXT TO SPEECH AND SPEECH TO TEXT ENGINES, MACHINE LEARNING AND DEEP LEARNING ALGORITHMS.
• The system will provide voice command feature so visually impaired users can easily tell the application what to do.
• The system will provide a recommendation system for colors so when users can identify the color and texture of the article of clothing they hold the application will offer a recommendation for other colors that could match.
• The system will provide a money detection feature so users can identify the value of the money they hold.
• The system will provide a food detection feature so users can identify the type of food present on a plate.
• The system will provide text to speech engines to allow users to hear the text written on documents they want to “read”.
1. Recognition of food
2. Detection of Egyptian money bills
3. Correct classification of colors and textures
4. Specific voice commands
5. Convert text to speech
Documents and Presentations
You will find here the documents and presentation for our proposal.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SRS.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our SDD.
You will find here the documents and presentation for our Thesis